Wednesday 23 October 2013

Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars # 1) by Sara Shepard

Publisher: HarperCollins
Publish Date: October 1, 2006
Format: Download Library
Pages: -
ISBN: -


Three Years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since.  Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief.  Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known.  Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world.  When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in.  Are they being betrayed by someone in their circle?  Worse yet: Is Alison back?

My Thoughts:

I have to be honest - I love Young Adult novels.  Something about the writing, its quick and witty and just gets me hooked...I have a feeling this series will become a guilty pleasure of mine (I already have the second book in the series on hold at the library.)  I have to admit that I have watched the adapted TV series of the same name,  I believe they are season 5 (I own the first 3) and I absolutely love it!  The concept is similar to another guilty pleasure of mine Gossip Girl - although I have only ever watched the TV series, the books are on my to-read list.  I'm not sure which series of books came first, but I feel like they will be equal as fantastic.  I love the way the author alternates each chapter to be told from each girls perspective and always ends the chapter with a bit of a cliff hanger.

Although I am far from being a teen girl I found this book very enjoyable, a light fun and easy read.  I found the TV series stuck true to the first book and find them very similar which I love.  I hate when a TV show/movie changes the book drastically.

Over all I really enjoyed the first book in the series and will defiantly be reading many more in the series.  Oh and the ending is killer, love a good cliff hanger in a series!
  
My Rating: ««««

Buy it Now!

The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment