Sunday 20 October 2013

Destined to Feel (Avalon Trilogy # 2) by Indigo Bloome

Publisher: HarperCollins
Publish Date: February 2013 
Pages: -
Format: Kobo
ISBN: 978-0062243591


Life was going well for psychologist Alexandra Blake.

Her career has taken off and she has been exploring her darkest sexual fantasies with her lover Jeremy Quinn.  But her bliss is rudely interrupted when she is abducted in London, caught up in a dangerous struggle between unscrupulous corporations.

Her captors want her to help them with their sexual experiments – pushing the boundaries of convention in the search for a drug to stimulate the female libido.  Bust at what cost?

How far will Alexandra be willing to go to satisfy her curiosity, both professional and personal?

What will she have to do to escape, and – more importantly – does she want to? 

My Thoughts

All I want to do is scream over and over at the main character, Alexandra, "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?"  And then continue to yell at the other character, Jeremy, " YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"  And then I continue to keep reading.  Why?  Because my curiosity always gets the better for me.  I have this need to know what happens in the end.

Through out the entire novel the author continues to make movie and historical references....comparing her "situation" to the movie Taken and events that happened during WWII and comparing herself to Anne Frank. WTF?  That had NOTHING to do with to story line, which may I add is still just as bizarre as the first book in the series.  There seems to be a few different genres happening through, I would hardy classify this entire novel as Erotica   There is some drama mixed in with mystery and the whole story line seems to be based around thriller.  A little all over the place for me, and this time the story told from both the perspectives of Alexandra and Jeremy alternating.

Another cliff hanger ending...damn it!! 

My Rating: ««



The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment