Monday 14 October 2013

Destined to Play (Avalon Trilogy # 1) by Indigo Bloome

Published: HarperCollins
Date Published: July 2012
Pages: - 
Format: Kobo
ISBN: 978-0062243461


It’s simple.  No sight.  No questions.  48 hours.

Dr. Alexandra Blake is about to give a series of prestigious lectures, but the butterflies in her stomach are for a far more exciting reason…

After the lecture she is meeting with Jeremy Quinn, esteemed doctor and dangerous ex-lover – the only person with whom she has ever let her guard down completely.  After a few glasses of champagne in his luxurious penthouse suite, Jeremy presents her with an intriguing offer: stay with him for the next forty-eight hours and accept two extraordinary conditions, the first of which leaves her utterly at his mercy, and he will give her an experience more sensual and extreme than any game that have ever played before. 

My Thoughts
I have read a ton of novels of this genre but I have to say this one of the more bizarre plots I have ever read.  To me, this isn't your typical erotica "love story."  I never like giving away plots so I won't say too much about it, but it was left me down right dumbfounded.  The author did an excellent job describing every detain the main character Alexandra felt, since she had no sight to rely on.  It is hard to to decide which character I dislike to most - Alexandra or Jeremy, there is a lot of deceitfulness and selfish acts that take place.  I thoroughly enjoyed the flashbacks throughout the novel, it kept the "spice" alive. 

The cliffhanger at the end intrigued me enough to want to read the next book in the series.  It astounds me the creativity that writers can dream up.  All in all it was an easy read, the writing style was good for a first time author.

My Rating: «««


The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment