Sunday 4 May 2014

White Girl Problems by Babe Walker

Publisher: Hyperion
Publish Date: January 17, 2012
Format: Kobo ereader
Pages: - 
ISBN: 978 1401304119

Babe Walker, center of the universe, is a painstakingly manicured white girl with an expensive smoothie habit, a proclivity for Louboutins, a mysterious mother she’s never met, and approximately 50 bajillion Twitter followers.  But her “problems” have landed her in shopping rehab – that’s what happens when you spend $246,893.50 in one afternoon at Barneys.  Now she’s decided to write her memoir, revealing the gut-wrenching hurdles she’s had to overcome in order to be perfect in every way, every day.  Hurdles such as: I hate my horse.  Every job I've ever had is the worst job I've ever had.  He’s not a doctor, a lawyer, or a prince.  I’ll eat anything, as long as it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, low-calorie, sugar-free, and organic.

My Thoughts

If you enjoy reading "memoirs" about an overly rich, spoiled, shallow, neurotic, self-absorbed, materialistic, annoying, selfish socialite with major "problems" then this is the "memoir" for you!  Yes there were parts that I found funny and gave myself a chuckle but overall I just found it unrealistic.  You just want to be embarrassed for Babe Walker, but you can't.

After attempting to Google Babe Walker and finding nothing but a blog and Twitter account I then learned that she isn't even a real person - just a made up character.

Yes I purchased the book (on sale for $2.99) and yes I will probably read the next book Psychos: A White Girl Problems Novel (when it also goes on sale for $2.99) and yes I started following @whitegrlproblems on Twitter (for entertainment purposes) but overall this was a bit of a disappointing read.  But in the end I guess it served it's purpose because I've clearly gotten caught up in the antics of "Babe Walker." xo

My Rating: ««

The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment