Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Publisher: HarperCollins
Publish Date: May 21, 2013
Format: Kobo ereader
Pages: - 
ISBN: 978 1443422680


Narrator Don Tillman 39, Melbourne genetics prof and Gregory Peck lookalike, sets a 16-page questionnaire The Wife Project to find a non-smoker, non-drinker ideal match.  But \Rosie and her Father Project  supersede.  The spontaneous always-late smoker-drinker wants to find her biological father.  She resets his clock, throws of his schedule, and turns his life topsy-turvy.

My Thoughts

I found this to be suck a cute quirky read.  Don is such a lovable offbeat narrator that at times I would laugh out loud at the situations he got himself into.  Meeting Rosie turns his life upside down and ends up complementing Don's character perfectly.

As the first novel by Simsion I thought it was very well written and delivered and loved that it is a romantic comedy with a male protagonist as the main character and written by a male author.  I loved being along for the ride during all of Don's ups and downs as he faces his fears, embraces change, adapts to social etiquette and eventually learns the power of love.

Defiantly an off-beat one of a kind love story that is sure to have you laughing.   

My Rating: ««««


The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment