Wednesday 6 November 2013

Flawless (Pretty Little Liars #2) by Sara Shepard

Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Publish Date: February 18, 2008
Format: Paperback
Pages:330
ISBN: 978 0062059871

In the exclusive town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, where the sweetest smiles hide the darkest secrets, four pretty little liars – Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hanna – have been very bad girls…

Spencer stole her sister’s boyfriend.  Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher.  Emily likes her new friend Maya…as much more than a friend.  And Hanna’s obsession with looking flawless is literally making her sick.  But the most horrible secret of all is something so scandalous it could destroy their perfect little lives. 

And someone named “A” is threatening to do just that.

At first they thought A was Alison, their friend who vanished three years ago…but then Alison turned up dead.  So could A be Melissa, Spencer’s ultra competitive sister?  Or Maya, who wants Emily all to herself?  What about Toby, the mysterious guy who left town right after Alison went missing?

One thing’s for certain: A’s got the dirt to bury them all alive, and with every crumpled note, wicked IM and vindictive text message A sends, the girls get a little closer to losing it all.

My Thoughts

Again, another solid read that did not disappoint in the second book of the series.  I enjoyed this one just as much as the first and just find myself getting so wrapped up in their lives (lame I know.)  Character development was well under way for each of Emily, Spencer, Aria and Hannah.  A number of issues that were left open for interpretation in the first novel were answered in this one, but with that brought new mysteries. 

This book I found was quite a bit different than the direction the tv series took (and I want to try and keep my reviews based on the book not the show.)  I have to keep reminding myself that the book came before the show,  although I like the direction the character Toby took better in the tv show as opposed to the book.  

Can't wait to see what type of mischief these 4 get into in Perfect - the 3rd installment.  Such a great series! 

My Rating: ««««




The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment