Monday 10 February 2014

Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas

Publish Date: February 1, 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks, Incorporated
Format: download library
Pages: -
ISBN: -


Part love letter to New York, part love letter to Paris, and total devotion to all things sweet.  Paris, My Sweet is a personal and movable feast that’s a treasure map for anyone who loves fresh cupcakes and fine chocolate, New York and Paris, and life in general.  It’s about how the search for happiness can be as fleeting as a sliver of cheesecake and about how the life you’re meant to live doesn't always taste like the one you envisioned.  Organized into baker’s dozen of delicacies (and the adventures they inspire) that will tempt readers’ appetites, Paris, My Sweet is something to savor.

My Thoughts

So this is a memoir about self discovery.  Just under 300 pages of non stop complaining that she doesn't belong in Paris and that she doesn't belong in New York and where DOES she belong.  After being offered a job at Louis Vuitton (hello!? That happens?) Amy Thomas jets off to Paris from New York to start her new career.  I found the whole novel repetitive and sometimes boring and had to start skimming towards the end.  It was very Sex and the City meets Julie and Julia.

I was always starving reading this, and needed to bake 2 dozen strawberry cupcakes just to get through it.  Having such a sweet tooth myself I was envious of all the wonderful places she got to experience.  When I travel to Paris someday this will be my guidebook.


My Rating: «««

The reviews made here are my personal opinion. I’m not being paid to review any of these books. I am by no means a professional book reviewer or editor.  I do this for the love of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment